“Check a few cool ideas in the Hungarian Workshop’s latest blog: Recycled Whiskey Barrels – 10 Handcrafted Ideas. Great gifts for the true Whiskey lover.”
1. The Whiskey Barrel End Table can be a great addition to any living room or patio set. They are handcrafted with care and charm in mind. Most often the barrel lids will feature old distilleries markings which shows of the material’s true history and origin. The table is available in two variations, the top can be the inside or outside face of the barrel. Giving you the option between the charred black finish or the rustic golden brown.
2. These coasters are made from old & used Whiskey Barrels. The outer part side will occasionally feature the distillery’s name, dates, type of whiskey or any additional markings left behind from the cooper. The inner part side is the charred black look that all Whiskey barrels have to go through before getting filled. The coasters have an exterioir aluminum edging which is made from scrap material found in a metal yards.
3. Having some extra material left over from making our Whiskey Barrel Chairs, I had a wild idea to use some to make this very fun Whiskey Barrel Skateboard. The Whiskey Barrel Staves create a unique curve from front to back and from side to side as well. Allowing you to maneuver around with easy. The board it self is very heavy duty, after all it is made from American White Oak. The material has been getting stronger and harder from it’s previous life of holding Whiskey for many many years. The top side of the board is pure black because of the charring the distilleries have to do to give the Whiskey its great taste and colors. The Whiskey Barrel Skateboard’s length is about 34 inches and 8-9 inches wide. The front end is cut to slight curve and bull nosed for a smooth finish. The back end is left as is to show of the barrel’s chime & croze to ensure easy distinction of what the board used to be.
4. Every stave is handpicked, sanded, cut, assembled and polished to ensure superior quality. The staves of the recycled whiskey barrels have been charred – giving them a great black or dark brown patina. All the barrel staves are curved just the right amount to provide excellent support through out your entire body. They are lightly sanded just enough to take off any dirt and grime without removing any of the natural colors. Stainless steel clips are placed on the undersides of the pieces to ensure structural durability and strength.
5. This beautiful coffee table is made from up-cycled old Whiskey Barrels. The table top and the inside of the bottom have the distinguished whiskey barrel charred finish which was done by the distilleries to give the whiskey its great flavor and color. Made completely from American White Oak, this unique table will be an excellent conversation piece for decades to come.
Don’t forget to gin up for our online newsletter and follow us on our FACEBOOK page for upcoming coupon codes and ways to save big.